Održavanje bicikla preko zime... HOWTO

Održavanje, popravke, prepravke...

Moderator: Moderatori

nameless.developer

Održavanje bicikla preko zime... HOWTO

Post by nameless.developer »

Kako rešiti problem oko održavanja bicikla preko zime? Korišćenje bicikla u zimskim uslovima - sneg (naročito kad krene da se topi), so kojom se posipaju putevi... sve to zna da zamaže bicikl, i da se zavuče tamo gde ne bi trebalo.

Problem je kako očistiti / oprati bicikl kad je česma u dvorištu zbog mogućnosti leđenja zatvorena, a i ne bi bilo baš razumno kvasiti se na -5° C. Tuširanje u kadi sa sve biciklom takođe nije ugodno :?

Dakle, šta raditi :roll: ? Meni na pamet pada jedino da se bajs odveze u najbližu perionucu automobila, da se izdrže svi čudni pogledi upućeni od perača i ostalih zaposlenih, i da ga oni na brzaka operu. Glancanje, odmašćivanje i podmazivanje bi moglo da se obavi kući, u garaži.

Koja su iskustva ostalih Фрибајкера™?
misaxtr
Freebiker

Post by misaxtr »

Evo jednog zgaonog teksta na engleskom doduse, ali prava stvar za zimu!!!
Ja licno posle voznje po snegu ili ostavim da se bajs "ocedi" ukoliko nema nekog veceg snega na njemu i onda ga detaljno "izribam" cetkom i eventualno i toplom vodom po nekim kriticnim delovima, ili ukoliko je skroz beo, odmah kofu tople vode i cetku, pa odledjivanje a onda pooooodmazivanje - i tako u krug...

How To Water-Proof Your Bike

Whether it’s melting snow, a blast across a cool stream, or a broken hole in the ice over a frozen lake, water is your bike’s worst enemy. The tasteless, clear liquid first performs as a carrier agent for dirt, creating a sandy paste that steals power from bearings, eats away at your brakes and grinds off years of life from your drivetrain. With repeated exposure, water will outsmart your O-rings and contact seals. Once it has broken down the last barriers, the water and sludge mixture pollutes any grease and oil it can find until it corrodes every moving part on your mountain bike.

Heavy stuff, eh? Well, don’t let a few combined hydrogen and oxygen atoms get in the way of your fun. Here is a few anti-moisture tricks and some good ol’ preventative maintenance tips that will keep your bike going until somebody figures out how to reverse global warming.

Catch 22: It takes water to keep water from ruining the bike. Immediately after mud rides, use a low-pressure garden hose and wash the grit away before it hardens like cement. Let the bike dry completely indoors overnight before relubricating your key parts. Protect the frame’s finish with bike polish or spray wax.

Lube aids: Load the pedal’s latching mechanism and springs with grease and they won’t pack with snow and mud easily. Spraying the underside of fenders and coating the pedals with a non-stick cooking spray like Pam helps shed the mud, too.

Double seal: Cut sections of rubber inner tubes to stretch over the headset cups, shock springs and the seatpost-to-seat tube junction. Lizard Skins makes stretchable covers that quickly install with hook and loop strips. If your fork came with fork boots, use ‘em.

Brakes that last: Standard brake pads wear quickly in inclement conditions. Ritchey, Kool-Stop and WTB sell special, hi-abrasive pads that are designed for longevity and superior winter stopping. Beware, wet-compound pads will not stop as well as harder dry-compound pads in warmer weather.

Motocrossing: Now that bicycle fenders have taken on a motorcycle look, they offer plenty of snow and mud clearance. A Grunge Guard cover can keep your derailleur from packing with snow and mud.

Cold weather ointment: Don’t even think of subjecting your ride to the elements without first giving it a fresh overhaul. All suspension pivots, headset, shock, fork and componentry should be relubricated with waterproof grease. Don’t forget to grease the seatpost where it inserts into the frame.

Snow treads: Pointed, spiky tires, like Specialized’s slalom treads, are the best bet for all-around winter riding. If you plan on spending more time on ice, both IRC and Nokian offer studded tires.

Positive communication: Moisture can work into the cable housings and freeze them solid. Occasionally unhook the housings from the frame guides and pull back the sealed housing caps. Blow them out with compressed air or use a clamp-on lubrication device to inject a “dry” lubricant into the housing until it flows out the opposite end. WD40 will work in a pinch.

Link lore: Use soapy water and a brush to wash sludge off the chain. The chain must dry overnight before you apply lube or the oil will hold moisture inside the pivots. Wet lube works best because it fills the rollers with a liquid barrier that repels water and keeps grit out.

Flat warning: Water can soften rim tape and the tube will push it deep into the nipple hole—deep enough to cut the tape and tube in the hole’s sharp edges. Heavy duty Velox rim tape only weighs 8 grams more than wimpy rim-tape, but will last through the winter.

MTB-VRH brate!!!
Serb

Post by Serb »

Pozheljno bi bilo da sad odradish kompletan servis lezhajeva. Ochistish nable i sholje (gde je vila) i ako nemash patronu pogonsku grupu.
Ja sam proshle zime zbog snega i peska ostao bez prednje XT nable (pukla kuglica i napravila malo ogrebotinu na sholji dovoljno da vishe nema upotrebnu vrednost). XT pa navishe (mislim da to pochinje od LX-a) ima sad zashtitne gume ali voda nadje prolaz a onda kad se zagreje u nabli napravi lom.
Isto pozheljno je da zashtitish shto je vishe mogucje sajle, podmazhesh bulzhire...

You mess with a rest now the best will make a mess.
IRalic
Freebiker

Post by IRalic »

Serb wrote: Ja sam proshle zime zbog snega i peska ostao bez prednje XT nable (pukla kuglica i napravila malo ogrebotinu na sholji dovoljno da vishe nema upotrebnu vrednost). XT pa navishe (mislim da to pochinje od LX-a) ima sad zashtitne gume ali voda nadje prolaz a onda kad se zagreje u nabli napravi lom.

Mhmmm !!

Mogucnost da se tako nesto desi (prodre voda u lezaj)
se veisestruku povecava ako se pere sa prskalicom iz perionice,
pod visokim pritiskom !

Stvar je zgodna,i operes bajs za cas,
ali ako je vec koristis,nemoj da se prska blizu nable i zaptivnih guma,
i takodje nikako ne u lezaj pogona.
Ako voda prodre unutra,gotovo ..

A nije "na vidnom mestu"
te ces znati da se tako nesto desilo tek kada zacujes cvilenje iz nable,
a onda je ves klasno ! Zardjalo je unutra ..
mozda moze nesto da se spase ako odmah reagujes,ali uglavnom tesko.
Ako nagrize fini polirani sloj unutrasnjosti solje,gotovo

Dakle pazljivo sa pranjem pod pritiskom !

Pozzz
Igor

~o
~ \-/\-
(o)^(o)
------------------
http://velomotion.weebly.com