I need help to plan a bike trip through Serbia

Gde ići, kuda ići, koja mesta treba posetiti i videti, koji putevi, staze i stazice su zanimljivi

Moderator: Moderatori

stefangruber

Re: I need help to plan a bike trip through Serbia

Post by stefangruber »

Caligvla - Thanks for the link to that bosnian mountainbiking website - it has a lot of usefull information. Bosnia sounds very attractive as a place of biking adventure but I guess we will go the another year. By the way - is it true that there are still mines left in the mountains and it is dangerous to leave main/bigger roads?
Saying that You've seen Juzni Kucaj by beeing in Lazarev kanjon, it's like saying "i've been to New York, and I have seen north america" :D

Every corner of those mountains is worth seeing, so it does not really matter if you covered one, or more areas, as long as you have fun ;)
Sure you are right :) and of course we would love to come back there to see all those things we omitted but as we only have a couple of days you shouldn't be surprised that we want to see a different part of the country.
Support car is very comfortable thing but first: we do not have an extra person to drive it, second: it decreases the challenge, which is something we are looking for.

For me Stara Planina is a must. I will wait patiently for the proposal from Aleksander (there is no hurry - we have plenty of time :)) I guess then we will go south as long as possible, even continue the trip in Macedonia if we manage. Another idea is to start in Bulgaria (they have Stara Planina too) and then get to Serbia. We will see.

Is it really dangerous to leave the car in the street or a public parking place?
IRalic
Freebiker

Post by IRalic »

stefangruber wrote:
Is it really dangerous to leave the car in the street or a public parking place?

Well, I don't think it's really that dangerous, but shiiii can happen.
I would not speculate with any percentages, but it's sure a low one.
There wouldn't be much difference between Poland and Serbia regarding the chances,
so if you can leave it in a more secure place, then why not.

You know, if you park your car in a small town, and leave it for a couple of days, or a week unattended,
and with foreign license plates, it would stick out like a sore thumb and if there are some bad guys in the area,
they will sure be the first to notice.
It will be obvious that no one looks after the car.

Btw, were do you live in Poland ? :)

Cheers!
Igor

~o
~ \-/\-
(o)^(o)
------------------
http://velomotion.weebly.com

stefangruber

Post by stefangruber »

Igor, I live in Wrocław. Have you ever been there? How long did you study in Poland? Your Polish is outstanding!
IRalic
Freebiker

Post by IRalic »

Hej :)

No, I wanted to, but never managed to check out Wroclaw :(
It was always kind of not on my way.
But as my girlfriend lives in Gdańsk, and if I eventually ever go with a car, or straight on with the bike,
Wroclaw is then right on my way ;) and I hope I'll get a chance to see it soon, as everybody says it's beautiful.

I have about one year of total stay in Poland, since 2005, so I kind of learned it over there, just by using it.

cheers!
Igor

~o
~ \-/\-
(o)^(o)
------------------
http://velomotion.weebly.com

stefangruber

Post by stefangruber »

Igor, if you ever have a chance to come to Wrocław, do not hesitate. You have a guide there to show you around the city - I am at your service. Girlfriend in Gdańsk... You have quite a long way if you want to see her :)
Alek - did you manage to make PDF file of your article about offroad adventure in Eastern Serbia? I work for the polish edition of Men's Health magazine - maybe we can think of publishing your story or writing something similar? :)
bluealek
Freebiking druid

Post by bluealek »

Here you go Stefan, this is the article about Stara planina I was talking about:

http://www.freebiking.org/RAZNO/Stara_planina.pdf

And here is another article from last issue of Auto Bild, about organizing a trip for the same agency in Montenegro:

http://www.freebiking.org/RAZNO/Crna_Gora.pdf
stefangruber

Post by stefangruber »

Hi again guys!
We didn't make it two years ago but it looks (95% - I still wait for my job vacation to be confirmed) that we are coming to Serbia this year (around July 10th). We want to start in Knjazevac and go all the way down through Stara Planina. Then we want to come back through Suva Planina to Nis and later by train to Knjazevac. I have not asked you yet about Suva Planina - is this mountain range passable with bikes? I found there is a map of it: http://www.suvaplanina.info/planinarsko ... e-planine/
Do you think I can buy it somewhere in Knjazevac or shall we go to Nis? Does anyone want to join us? :)
mazi

Post by mazi »

Vremeplov.
Last edited by mazi on 09 Jun 2013, 13:04, edited 1 time in total.
Gruja
Freebiker

Post by Gruja »

Mazi, druže, jel ti to imaš vremeplov??
Kako ćeš da se pridružiš čoveku za vožnju od prošle godine? :D
mazi

Post by mazi »

Izgleda :) Iz nekog razloga mi je izasla notifikacija da je post napisan juce haha.